I, Nurse Ratchknit, do solemnly promise to abide by the following rules:
1. I will inventory my stash. I will photograph and document, via Ravelry, all yarn and fiber so that I know what I have and can’t pretend that the basement and spare room are not overflowing with yarn and fiber. If I don’t want to photograph and document it, I must not need it.
2. I will inventory my WIPs. I will photograph and document, via Ravelry, all knitting and spinning projects currently unfinished so that I know what I have on the needles or the holders, the spindles or the wheel, or in pieces waiting to be seamed. I will not pretend that I need to start something new.
3. I will inventory all knitting needles and catalog, via Ravelry, so that I do not acquire 4 sets of size 10 dpns.
4. I will inventory all printed knitting patterns and assemble them in a binder, or binders, as required for efficient organization. If necessary, new binders may be purchased. New patterns may be purchased if used to knit from stash; patterns which can be stored in Ravelry library are preferred.
5. Knitting or spinning related bags, boxes, lotions, potions or tchotchkes are NOT to be purchased. Items may be made from supplies on hand, re-purposed, or done without.
6. Small items or single skeins of yarn may be purchased as necessary to finish WIPs in existence as of 5/19/2011, or projects made from stash present as of 5/19/2011.
7. Prior to casting on for a new project, I will complete a WIP.
8. If a book comes in, a book goes out.
9. Exceptions to above rules 1 – 8: Attendance at a fiber fest or event entitles the attendee the right to purchase one (1) tchotchke and two (2) fiber items – may choose from skeins, roving, or batts. Items REQUIRED for a class are also exceptions, as are items received as birthday or holiday gifts.
10. This pledge is to remain in effect until all WIPs in existence as of 5/19/2011 are completed!